Green Cupcakes with Chocolate Gold Coins, inspired by the CupcakeProject.com
Yields 15 cupcakes
· Chocolate Gold Coins – around three per cupcake
· 2.5 cups cake flour
· 1.5 cups sugar
· 1 tsp baking soda
· 1 tbsp cocoa powder
· 1 tsp salt
· 2 eggs
· 1.5 cups vegetable oil
· 1 cup buttermilk
· 2 tbsp green food coloring
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 1 tsp white distilled vinegar
· Cream cheese frosting
1. The lucky leprechauns at BlairCandy.com have kept our chocolate gold coins prices low to make your St. Patrick’s Day cupcake-making so much more affordable!
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt into a medium bowl.
4. Use an electric mixer to beat the eggs, oil, buttermilk, food coloring, vanilla, and vinegar in a large bowl until combined.
5. Add the dry ingredients, and blend until smooth – around two minutes.
6. Fill your cupcake liners about ¾ with the batter.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
8. Allow to cool. Frost with the cream cheese frosting, and place three chocolate gold coins on the top of each green cupcake. Not only are these fantastic cupcakes to marvel at on St. Patrick’s Day, but the chocolate gold coins on top are the pot o’ gold under the rainbow!