Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, from Pillsbury
Makes 24 bars
· 1 roll of Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough
· 1 cup peanut butter
· ½ cup vanilla frosting
· 1 teaspoon oil
· ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
· ¼ cup mini candy-coated milk chocolate baking bits
1. Preheat your oven to 350. Press the cookie dough evenly in the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan. Bake 14-18 minutes, and then allow to cool.
2. In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, frosting, and the oil until it’s blended well.
3. Evenly spread the peanut butter mix over the cookie dough crust. Meanwhile, place the chocolate chips in a small resealable plastic bag. Microwave for about 1-2 minutes until softened. Then, cut a very small hole in the bag, and squeeze to drizzle the chocolate over the peanut butter. Spread the chocolate baking bits over the top.
4. Let the mixture stand until completely cool – about an hour. Cut into 24 bars, place in Christmas candy boxes, and let the gifting begin!
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookie bars are a scrumptious holiday treat, and we know all the wonderful people on your gift list will have their mouths watering when they open up their Christmas candy boxes. Be sure to put your own spin on them – think Hershey’s Kisses, Peppermint Patties, and Mini Peanut Butter cups – mmm! We can’t wait to hear what’s tucked inside your Christmas candy boxes.