Christmas Peeps Winter Wonderland Cake
· Christmas Peeps – choose at least one pack of each variety
· 2 boxes of vanilla cake mix
· At least two containers of white frosting
· Several containers of gel icing – light blue, dark blue, etc
· Winter-esque cake decorations – plastic penguins, park benches, lamp posts, bridges, etc
· Two eight-inch square cake pans
· Cake knife
· Sturdy serving tray
1. Prepare the two cakes according to the directions on the box, and spread the batter inside the square cake pans.
2. Allow the cakes to cool. Place each cake, side by side, on the sturdy serving tray.
3. Once completely cool, cover the cakes in the white frosting. The white frosting should resemble snow, so feel free to create mounds of “snow” frosting in some areas.
4. Using the blue gel icing, create a small “pond,” and add the plastic penguins to the pond.
5. Set the Christmas Peeps Stars in a row along the back of the cake to create a starry backdrop.
6. Scatter the Christmas Peeps Trees around the cake, along with the other holiday Peeps to create a pretty winter scene.
7. Once finished, take a photo and post it on our Facebook.com/BlairCandyCompany page – we can’t wait to see it!
8. Cut a slice and enjoy – we know you won’t want to ruin your cake, but we can bet it’s delicious!