Diabetic candy doesn’t always get the best reputation. After all, can sugar free candy really be considered, well, candy? YES! We’re proud to carry a great selection of Diabetic Candy
, and we have a loyal legion of diabetic candy customers who love sugar free candy. Sure, it’s not going to taste exactly
like the sugary version, but when it comes to either enjoying sugar free candy or no candy at all, we’ll take sugar free candy any day.
Today we’re incorporating a diabetic candy favorite – Sugar Free Gummy Bears
, in with a classic diabetic dessert recipe: strawberry cake. We just adore the gummilicious flavors in diabetic gummy bears, and combined with a sweet strawberry cake – my, we must be in heaven.Diabetic Candy Dessert: Gummy Bear Strawberry CakeIngredients:
Sugar Free Gummy Bears
, the more the merrier!
1 box strawberry cake mix
1 container strawberries, washed and stemmed
Low-sugar strawberry yogurt
Vanilla pudding mix
½ cup sugar free sweetenerDirections:
1) Bake the strawberry cake according to the box’s instructions, and allow to cool for about fifteen minutes.
2) Use a spoon to poke holes throughout the cake, about a half inch apart from each other.
3) While the cake is baking, puree the cleaned strawberries in a blender. Pour the ½ cup of sugar free sweetener in the blender while pureeing.
4) Pour the pureed strawberry mixture over the cake. Allow to sit thirty minutes for the cake to absorb the strawberry puree. Refrigerate.
5) Mix the cool whip, yogurt, and vanilla pudding mix together in a bowl. Beat on high speed for about two minutes.
6) Use the cool whip mixture to frost the cake.
7) Time for the finishing touch, using diabetic candy
! Take as many sugar free gummy bears as you’d like, and arrange them on top of the cake in a creative pattern. Each piece of cake should come along with a hefty mouthful of diabetic candy gummy bears, so don’t be afraid to go overboard!
8) Serve, and enjoy!