We all love Halloween and trick-or-treating with our kids, but what exactly do you do with all that Halloween Chocolate Candy you have leftover? Sure, you can eat it, but your kids have already consumed their body weight in Halloween chocolate candy, and you just can’t eat all that Halloween candy. Instead, turn it into a Butterfinger Halloween chocolate candy cake! We’re making it with Butterfingers today, but you can use whatever Halloween chocolate candy you have on hand – hey, it all tastes great!
Butterfinger Halloween Chocolate Candy Cake
· 1 crumbled angel food cake
· ˝ cup of butter
· 4 egg yolks
· 2 cups of confectionary sugar
· 16 ounces of thawed cool whip
· 16 fun size Butterfinger Halloween candy bars, or 8 regular size Butterfingers
1) Freeze your candy bars, still in their wrappers, for about two hours.
2) With the candy bars still in their wrappers, use a rolling pin to crush the Butterfingers.
3) Then, blend the butter, egg yolks, sugar, and cool whip together.
4) Layer a 9x13 pan with half of your crumbled angel food cake. Add a layer of the cool whip mixture, and then spread the crumbled Butterfinger Halloween chocolate candy bars on top.
5) Repeat the layering with the remaining ingredients.
6) Spoon in to glass trifle cups, and enjoy!
Your Halloween Chocolate Candy cake is an absolutely delicious recipe, whether you make it with Butterfinger candy bars or another fun size candy bar in your child’s treat bag this Halloween. The scrumptiousness of Halloween shouldn’t last just one night – you can spread out the wonderful flavors of Fall all season long, and use your leftover Halloween chocolate candy for post-Halloween dessert recipes. Simply use your creativity, and when in doubt, go with your sweet tooth!