We love candy, and we love desserts, which is why we just love to combine the two! Halloween pumpkin cupcakes are the perfect treat to ring in a spooktacular Halloween season, and we can’t think of a better presentation than topping them off with a bit of cream cheese icing and Halloween Peeps! Pumpkin is the essence of the Halloween season, and we just think all desserts look a little bit more delicious with a Halloween Peep on top.
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Halloween Peeps
Makes 24 cupcakes
· 1 tbsp. baking powder
· ½ tsp. salt
· ½ tsp. baking soda
· 2 ¼ cups flour, sifted
· ¾ tsp. cinnamon
· ½ tsp. ground ginger
· ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
· 1 1/3 cups sugar
· ½ cup softened butter
· 2 eggs, beaten
· 1 cup canned pumpkin
· ¾ cup milk
· ¾ cup chopped walnuts
· Cream cheese frosting
· Halloween Peeps – choose a variety of Halloween Ghosts, Halloween Pumpkins, and Halloween Mousse Pumpkins
1) Sift the following ingredients together in a bowl: baking powder, salt, baking soda, flour, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
2) Blend the butter and sugar together and beat in the eggs. Combine the canned pumpkin to the mixture.
3) Then, blend the dry ingredients into the “wet” mixture, as you pour the milk in.
4) Add the walnuts to the well-blended mixture.
5) Pour the batter into muffin cups.
6) Bake at an oven temperature of 375 degrees for around 25 minutes. Insert a toothpick in to the cupcakes – if it comes out clean, the cupcakes are finished baking.
7) Once cool, ice the cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
8) Carefully place a Halloween Peep upright on each pumpkin cupcake.
Enjoy – and remember to save some for your friends and family!