We adore Easter here at Blair Candy, and for more than just the candy – we think it has such a fun, relaxed atmosphere to it – it’s full of pastel hues and sugary crafts! Mike and Ike Jelly Beans
are one of our favorite jelly bean varieties, and we were thrilled to come across a Jelly Bean Chick craft that uses Mike and Ike Jelly Beans as one of its ingredients. We put a few of our team members to work and tested this craft idea, from Kaboose.com, out! Come try it out with us!
Jelly Bean Chick, with Mike and Ike Jelly Beans
Makes one chick
- 1/3 cup of Mike and Ike Jelly Beans
- Pleated sandwich bag
- One big, bright yellow pom pom
- 3 bright yellow foam hearts
- Wiggle eyes
- Small square of orange felt
- Small pipe cleaner, in an Easter-themed color
- Small pom pom, in the same color as the pipe cleaner
- Clear craft glue
- Visit Blair Candy and find Mike and Ike Jelly Beans at prices much lower than the big box stores!
- Pour the Mike and Ike Jelly Beans into the sandwich bag, and gather them to one side. Twist the pipe cleaner snugly around the bag.
- Carefully use scissors to trim the top of the sandwich bag, so only about ½ inch is left at the top. “Fan” the top of the sandwich bag out.
- Place a good amount of craft glue on the pom pom, and securely glue the pom pom to the top of the bag.
- Two of the yellow foam hearts will serve as the chick’s feet. Place them on the table, put craft glue on them, and place the bag on top of them. Gently press to make sure they’re securely glued.
- Use the scissors to cut the third yellow foam heart in half, vertically, as they will be your chick’s wings. Glue one “wing” to each side of the bag.
- Use the craft glue to glue the wiggle eyes to the pom pom.
- To make the beak, cut a small triangle of the orange felt, and glue to the yellow pom pom.
- Trim each end of the pipe cleaner to about 2-3 inches. Fold each side in to make a bow tie.
- Glue the small pom pom to the center of the pipe cleaner bow tie.
- Congratulations – you’re finished making your super cute Jelly Bean Chick! Take a photo of it and share at Facebook.com/BlairCandyCompany, and open and enjoy your Mike and Ike Jelly Beans.