People tend to have mixed feelings about Valentine’s Day – some absolutely adore this love-filled holiday, and others feel it has a bit too much Hallmark in it. We here at BlairCandy think it’s simply a great time to shower the people you already care about each and every day with candy delights. A cute idea is to create a Valentine’s Day card made out of Necco Conversation Hearts
– hey, at least you won’t be purchasing from Hallmark! The card has your personal, homemade touch, making it even more special for the recipient.Supplies:
- Piece of posterboard, in a Valentine’s Day themed color of your choice
- Necco Conversation Hearts
- Craft Resin
- Super Glue
- Paint Brush
1) Carefully fold the posterboard in half so it resembles a greeting card. You can choose whatever posterboard size you’d like – from a normal card size to a fun, extra large card!
2) Glue Necco conversation hearts all across the front side of the card to cover the entire side. Save just one Necco conversation heart for the inside of the card – whichever one you’d like!
3) Allow the super glue to dry for about an hour. Then, using a paint brush, brush the craft resin across the front of the card to add a glossy finish to the Necco conversation hearts. Allow to dry.
4) Next, glue just one conversation heart to the inside of the card, where the message would typically be written. The front of your Valentine’s Day card is quite busy, so having a simple inside creates such a cute card. Then, feel free to write your own message on the inside of the card.
Creating a Valentine’s Day card using Necco Conversation Hearts
takes just a dash of creativity and a few minutes of your time, but sends such a caring message to the recipient. Happy Valentine’s Day!