Necco Conversation Hearts Cupcakes, courtesy of GrinAndBakeIt.com
· Necco Conversation Hearts (one conversation heart for each cupcake)
· Box of white cake mix
· 3 eggs
· 1/3 cup canola oil
· ¼ cup pink lemonade concentrate
· ¼ cup cranberry juice
· ¾ cup water
· Cupcake cups/pans
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all of the ingredients in an electric mixer on low for 30 seconds, and then beat on high for two minutes. Fill your cupcake cups or pans about 2/3 the way full. Bake according to the directions on the white cake mix box.
Cream cheese frosting directions:
· 1 eight-ounce package of softened cream cheese
· ½ cup (one stick) of butter, softened
· 4 cups of sifted powdered sugar
· 4 tablespoons of thawed, frozen lemonade concentrate
· 1 tsp of grated lemon zest
· Squeeze of lemon
Combine cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat on low speed for about 30 seconds, until fluffy. Then, add sugar, lemonade concentrate, squeeze of lemon, and the lemon zest. Beat on low speed until the sugar is properly worked in, typically around 1 minute, and then beat on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 more minute.
Once the cupcakes are cool, frost each cupcake. Place a Necco Conversation Heart on each cupcake, and prepare to wow the crowd.