We’re pretty addicted to all things cupcakes here at BlairCandy.com, and we think the more creative the cupcake, the better! The look of ice cream cone cupcakes is so cute and whimsical – the perfect marriage of a treat that we all know and love, combined with all the cupcake must-haves. Add a bite-sized, chocolate Peeps Peepsters
on top, and you’ve just transformed this into an Easter dessert that even the Easter bunny would hop over!
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes with Peeps Peepsters
Makes 24 cupcakes
- 24 Chocolate Peeps Peepsters
- 1 box of funfetti cake mix, and all the ingredients called for on the box
- 24 flat-bottomed ice cream cones
- 2 containers of vanilla cake frosting
- Cupcake papers
- 24 slot muffin pan
- Turn your mouse to BlairCandy.com and choose your favorite Peeps Peepsters variety – either Dark Chocolate Peeps Peepsters or Milk Chocolate Peeps Peepsters. Both are delicious, and the dark chocolate variety is perfect if you have a penchant for dark chocolate!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and place a cupcake paper in each slot on the muffin pan.
- Following the directions on the cake mix box; prepare your cupcake batter.
- Pour the batter in each muffin cup, so that each is about 2/3 full.
- Carefully place an ice cream cone upside down in each muffin cup.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out completely clean.
- Allow the cones to cool completely, for about a half hour. Once cooled, carefully pick the cupcake cones up, and place on a flat tray.
- Frost each cone with a large amount of frosting, in the shape of ice cream. Feel free to sprinkle rainbow sprinkles on the frosting for an even more realistic look!
Place a chocolate Peeps Peepsters on top of the frosting to finish this treat off, and enjoy! These create a dessertlicious taste in your mouth, and you’d better save a few off to the side for yourself, as these are gone in a flash!