We adore candy here at BlairCandy.com, but we also want to make sure we stay healthy and enjoy our candy in moderation. Peppermint Candy Canes
are perfect for us during the holidays, as we all just seem to be enjoying a candy cane as we countdown the days till Christmas. Same goes for our desserts – don’t we all eat about 5x more desserts during the holidays?! That’s why we were delighted to find Hungry Girl’s “Candyland Peppermint Pie” recipe – it’s full of “yum” without the high calories, and perfect for topping off with Peppermint Candy Canes.
Hungry Girl’s Candyland Peppermint Pie
· 4 sheets of graham crackers – for 16 total graham crackers
· 2 tablespoons of light whipped butter
· ½ cup sweetened, fat-free condensed milk
· ¼ cup fat-free milk
· 1 small box of vanilla sugar free/fat free instant pudding mix
· 3 cups of thawed, Cool Whip Free
· 3 tablespoons of mini, semi-sweet chocolate chips
· 8 Peppermint Candy Canes, one to top each slice
· 2 Peppermint Candy Canes, crushed
1. Visit BlairCandy.com and purchase Peppermint Candy Canes at our always low and so-sweet prices!
2. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
3. You’ll want to create the crust, first. Crush the graham crackers in a bag or in a blender, and then place the graham crackers in a bowl.
4. Place the butter into a bowl and microwave for about 15 seconds. Then, mix the butter with the graham crackers.
5. Spray a pie pan with nonstick cooking spray, and distribute the graham crackers evenly along the pie pan. Press it firmly into the pan to form the crust.
6. Bake the graham cracker crust in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, and allow to cool once finished.
7. You’ll now want to make the filling. Mix the condensed milk, milk, and pudding mix into a bowl. Fold in the Cool Whip, and mix until smooth. Then, stir in the chocolate chips and the two crushed Peppermint Candy Canes.
8. Carefully pour the filling into the pie pan.
9. Refrigerator the pie for about two hours – until firm, and overnight if possible.
10. Place the Peppermint Candy Canes on top of the pie – one over each of the 8 slices.
11. Enjoy with a cup of low sugar hot chocolate – without the extra pounds on your waist!