We have to admit, Reese’s peanut butter eggs are definitely one of our favorite chocolate Easter candy choices. As far as we are concerned, peanut butter and chocolate is one of the best pairs since Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire. And the Reese’s peanut butter eggs
aren’t just egg-shaped versions of the Reese’s peanut butter cups. Something is different; in fact, some things
are different. Better, in our opinion. The peanut butter is just a little bit more prevalent, just slightly more crumbly, a tad more salty...
Whatever the sickeningly sweet secret is, we love to see Reese’s peanut butter eggs
in our Easter baskets! Or in our fridges. Or on a plate. Or in our mouths.
That makes us wonder, just how many creative variations can one make with Reese’s peanut butter eggs
? Let’s examine a few crazy confection concoctions that take Easter candy to a whole new level:
- The carnies deep fry Oreos, but has anyone ever tried doing so with Reese’s peanut butter eggs? A challenge indeed, but if you can deep fry cheese without a melted disaster, who is to say we can’t batter up and deep fry Reese’s peanut butter eggs?
- Speaking of battered goodness, how about some Reese’s peanut butter pancakes for Easter breakfast? We say, if chocolate chips can do it, peanut butter eggs can, too!
- Do I smell cookies? We have seen some attempt and succeed at baking cookies made with Reese’s peanut butter eggs. It’s pretty much like a peanut butter egg wearing a cookie coat. Mmmmmmm…
- How about a Reese’s-peanut-butter-eggs-and-banana sandwich? Elvis would be proud.
- We are all fans of homemade peanut butter tandy cake. Can you imagine if Reese’s peanut butter eggs were worked into that recipe? We would have to call it a peanut butter dandy cake!
- Opposites attract with salty and sweet, and that’s the big reason why Reese’s peanut butter eggs work so well. So, let’s up the ante and take it one step further. We just love chocolate covered popcorn, pretzels, and chips, so has anyone tried melting down some peanut butter eggs to create a coating like none other for our favorite salty snacks?!
We can’t take much more of this delightful, dessert-ful daydreaming. It’s time for a peanut butter egg. Or two.