Sugar free desserts are no longer considered to be bland and boring. In fact, there are quite a few recipes out there that make sugar free desserts sound absolutely scrumptious!
At Blair Candy, we’ve been cooking up some sweet treats in our kitchen with sugar free ingredients in mind. One of our latest creations uses Sugar free Peeps, whipped topping, and gelatin to make a delectable layered dessert that’s great for serving up at any occasion. All you need are just a few ingredients and a little time.
This recipe is ready in five simple steps and can be the perfect way to accommodate anyone’s dietary needs at your next get together. Plus, with Sugar Free Peeps, you know it’s going to be a party :)
Here’s what you need to make Sugar Free Layered Dessert Cups topped with Sugar free Peeps.
- 2 packages of sugar free gelatin (flavor of your choice!)
- 8 ounces Sugar free whipped topping
- Sugar Free Peeps
- Prepare the gelatin according to package directions for quick setting.
- Divide ¾ of the gelatin equally into six small to medium sized dessert cups. Let set. Choose something decorative to make it extra special. Helpful hint: if you’re having a themed party, choose dessert cups to match your party décor.
- Combine together the remaining gelatin with 2/3 of the Sugar free whipped topping. Whisk until well blended.
- Spoon the whipped topping and gelatin mixture into the dessert cups over the set gelatin to form a layer. Let set in the refrigerator.
- Remove the chilled desserts from the fridge and top with a dollop of Sugar free whipped topping. Add Sugar Free Peeps to the top of each dessert cup and serve.
Where can you serve up this lovely dish? Well, for starters, you can use strawberry gelatin and heart-shaped Peeps for Valentine’s Day, or blue raspberry gelatin and yellow Peeps for Easter. Simply choose the proper Peeps and gelatin flavors to match or compliment your party theme or décor.