Valentines Chocolate Hearts Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
· 24 Valentines Chocolate Hearts – choose whichever style seems most delicious to you and yours!
· Heart-shaped cookie cutter, large enough to fit a Valentines chocolate heart inside it
· 1 cup softened butter
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· ¼ cup baking cocoa
1. Visit the love-filled shelves at Blair Candy for affordable and so-sweet Valentines Chocolate Hearts!
2. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
3. Combine butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl until it’s a cream-like texture, and add in the vanilla extract.
4. Combine the flour and cocoa in a separate bowl, and then add to the cream mixture. This will be your dough mixture.
5. Lightly flour a surface, and roll out the dough mixture so that it’s about a ¼ inch thick.
6. Use the heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out dough hearts.
7. Place them on a baking sheet, and bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until firm.
8. Once cooked, immediately place a Valentines chocolate heart in the center of each dough heart.
9. Allow to cool, and enjoy to your heart’s content!