Spooky Season is here and pretty soon little ghosts and goblins will be haunting neighborhoods in search of sweet treats. But unlike previous years, 2020 has a new monster to contend with that even superheroes canít battle - COVID-19.
Yes, the COVID Monster has struck a blow to Halloween and the gazillions of Marshmallow PEEPS
candy. For the first time since Halloween PEEPS were introduced in 1958, they wonít be available this year.
We knew Halloween would be a little different this year, but when we got the news that one of our favorite trick-or-treat candies would be ghosting us we shed jelly bean size tears.
What would Spooky Season be like without marshmallow pumpkins
, and cats
, we asked? How could we fill the Jack-O-Lantern size hole in our heart left by the lack of Halloween PEEPS?
We thought about chasing down the COVID Monster with cloves of garlic and wooden stakes in hand, but battling this invisible beast that turned 2020 upside down would be in vain. We collectively agreed to resolve that this Halloween would be PEEP-less and we would carry on with our mission to stock our huge candy warehouse with other sweet favorites that would continue to delight trick-or-treaters around the country.
To make trick-or-treating safe for all your Halloween visitors, we recommend the following:
- Select candy that is individually wrapped such as popcorn balls, fun-size Snickerís bars, and the many varieties of Reeseís Peanut Butter Cups.
- Sanitize your hands before placing individually wrapped candy in bowls or containers and use tongs or utensils to hand out candy to avoid unnecessary contact.
- This year, refrain from buying unwrapped candy in bulk and making your own goodie bags.
- When greeting visitors, wear appropriate face coverings and maintain physical distancing.
- Sanitize your hands often and sanitize any frequently touched surfaces on a regular basis to keep your home safe for all visitors.
Of course, the number one tip we can give for having a sensationally spooky Halloween is to provide your visitors with plenty of variety in candy choices. See our complete selection of Halloween Candy
and stock up today, as quantities are limited.For Your Information:
Just Born, the maker of Marshmallow PEEPS, has announced that due to the impact of COVID-19 on their operations, Halloween and Christmas PEEPS candy will not be available for the 2020 season. They do plan on having their complete selection of Easter PEEPS available for Spring 2021. Just Born and Blair Candy apologize to all the fans of Marshmallow PEEPS and we look forward to providing you with these popular delights in early 2021.