We're always on the prowl here at Blair Candy looking for cute cupcake ideas that can only be enhanced by our Easter candy and chocolates. Combining Peeps Marshmallow Candy
and cupcakes seems like a no-brainer to us, and we were delighted to find a delicious recipe on TheFrugalGirls.com blog for it, with each cupcake being topped with “grass”, and a Peeps Marshallow Candy on top of it! We added our own Blair Candy touch to the recipe, but we're hopping in delight over having come across such a scrumptious cupcake recipe that's easy on the eyes and the palate.
Peeps Marshmallow Candy Cupcake
Makes about two dozen cupcakes
- White cake mix box and all of the ingredients on the box
- Cupcake pan
- White cupcake liners
- Peeps Marshmallow Candy – one Peep for each cupcake
- Green Buttercream icing – use your favorite buttercream icing recipe
- Wilton Grass Tip for icing your cupcakes
- Icing bag
- Mix and bake your cupcakes, and whip up your green buttercream icing.
- While allowing your cupcakes to cool, practice making “grass” out of your green buttercream icing. It takes a bit of practice, but our staff had a ton of fun using the Wilton Grass Tip.
- Top your cupcakes with “grass” - use the Wilton Grass Tip to spread the green buttercream icing all throughout the top of your cupcakes.
- Place a Peeps Marshmallow Candy on the top of each grass-topped cupcake, as if the bunny is hiding in the grass!
- Stand back and admire how great (and delish!) your Peeps Marshmallow Candy Cupcake is, and then take a bite out of it! Sure, these look awesome, but they taste it too, and that's certainly the mark of one perfect cupcake.
Peeps Marshmallow Candy is an Easter candy must-have, but we have to admit that we like them better on a cupcake. There's so many cute cupcake recipes out there on the Internet nowadays, and we've been using recipes like the one at TheFrugalGirls.com as the base for our own creations. Be sure to read through all of our delicious dessert and candy craft ideas in The Candy Counter section, and as always, we'd love to hear your own – simply connect with us at Facebook.com/BlairCandyCompany, or on Twitter at Twitter.com/BlairCandy.